Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Cairo (April 26, 2020)
Event: DIRECT FLIGHTS AVAILABLE TO THE U.S. ON EGYPTAIR (UPDATE)
The U.S. Embassy in Cairo is aware of two flights that are available to the U.S. on Friday, May 1 and Sunday, May 3 from Cairo direct to Washington D.C. (Dulles) on EgyptAir. Both flights are flight number MS 981 and both depart Cairo at 11:00 a.m. each day and arrive at Washington D.C. (Dulles) at 4:50 p.m. the same day.
These are private commercial flights for which U.S. citizens who wish to depart Egypt will be able to purchase tickets directly by calling the EgyptAir call centers 24 hours a day:
- Landline: 0900 70000
- Mobile: 1717
- From outside of Egypt: Call the EgyptAir international call center +971 443 58 444
PLEASE NOTE: This flight is available to U.S. citizens and Legal Permanent Residents (LPRs). Travelers with valid immigrant visas and non-immigrant visa holders who are accompanying U.S. citizen minors are now permitted to book this flight as well.
The Embassy continues to work with the Egyptian government and foreign Embassy partners to identify or arrange options for U.S. citizens who wish to depart Egypt. Other than these flights on May 1 and 3, the Embassy is currently not aware of any other planned or scheduled direct flights departing Egypt to the United States.
The U.S. Embassy in Cairo continues to collect information from U.S. citizens in order to estimate ongoing demand for flights departing Egypt. If you have already sent us your information, please do not do so again. If you have not done so already, you can still enter your information via this online form (https://tinyurl.com/cairorepat2020). We will not share your information with any third party without your consent.
If you have been able to successfully book a flight departing Egypt, or if you no longer wish to depart Egypt at this time, please notify us by emailing CairoRepat@state.gov.
If you have any other questions about assistance with returning to the U.S., please send an email to CairoRepat@state.gov.
The U.S. Embassy in Cairo reminds U.S. citizens in Egypt to adhere to local quarantine and curfew measures to prevent the spread of the virus and to continue to check with other commercial airlines for upcoming flights that might be departing the country.
Actions to Take:
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Egypt. https://eg.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/covid-19-information
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information. http://www.coronavirus.gov
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-updates/summary.html
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States https://www.dhs.gov/news/2020/03/17/fact-sheet-dhs-notice-arrival-restrictions-china-iran-and-certain-countries-europe
- U.S. Embassy Cairo (Cairo, Egypt)
5 Tawfik Diab St
Garden City, Cairo, EGYPT
- State Department – Consular Affairs 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Egypt Country Information https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/International-Travel-Country-Information-Pages/Egypt.html
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts. http://step.state.gov
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter. fb.me/usembassycairo twitter.com/usembassycairo