Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Cairo (April 7, 2020)
Event: FLIGHT AVAILABLE FROM CAIRO TO PARIS WEDNESDAY, APRIL 8
The U.S. Embassy in Cairo has learned that a direct flight is available Wednesday, April 8 from Cairo to Paris/Charles de Gaulle (CDG) on the private carrier AirCairo (www.flyaircairo.com). The flight departs at 7:30 a.m. For anyone taking the flight, the Embassy recommends that you consider Egyptian curfew hours as you plan your arrival to the airport: you should either stay at the airport the night before, and/or have a printout of your boarding confirmation with you if you are transiting Cairo in the early morning hours.
U.S. Legal Permanent Residents and visa holders are NOT able to take this flight.
U.S. citizens are allowed to purchase tickets on this flight and transit Paris/CDG if they also have direct connections to onward flights to the United States – you are responsible for making these arrangements yourself. U.S. citizens will not be permitted to leave the Paris/CDG international zone and cannot be admitted to France. Air France (AF) has flights scheduled to the United States nearly every day, including:
- Wednesday, April 8: AF006 departs @ 14:20 to New York (JFK)
- Thursday, April 9: AF066 departs @ 10:15 to Los Angeles
- Friday, April 10: AF006 departs @ 14:20 to New York (JFK)
- Saturday, April 11: AF066 departs @ 10:15 to Los Angeles
- Sunday, April 12: AF006 departs @ 14:20 to New York (JFK)
U.S. citizens can book these flights directly on the Air France website (www.airfrance.com). Please note that due to the full confinement order in place in France, food and other services in the transit area are very limited, so travelers will need to plan for their layover and be prepared to be self-sufficient.
The Embassy continues to work with the Egyptian government and foreign Embassy partners to identify or arrange options for U.S. citizens who wish to depart Egypt
The U.S. Embassy in Cairo continues to collect information from U.S. citizens in order to estimate ongoing demand for flights departing Egypt. If you have already sent us your information, please do not do so again. If you have not done so already, you can still enter your information via this online form (https://tinyurl.com/cairorepat2020). We will not share your information with any third party without your consent.
If you have been able to successfully book a flight departing Egypt, or if you no longer wish to depart Egypt at this time, please notify us by emailing CairoRepat@state.gov.
If you have any other questions about assistance with returning to the U.S., please send an email to CairoRepat@state.gov.
The U.S. Embassy in Cairo reminds U.S. citizens in Egypt to adhere to local quarantine and curfew measures to prevent the spread of the virus and to continue to check with other commercial airlines for upcoming flights that might be departing the country.
Actions to Take:
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Egypt. https://eg.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/covid-19-information
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information. http://www.coronavirus.gov
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-updates/summary.html
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States. https://www.dhs.gov/news/2020/03/17/fact-sheet-dhs-notice-arrival-restrictions-china-iran-and-certain-countries-europe
- U.S. Embassy Cairo (Cairo, Egypt)
5 Tawfik Diab St
Garden City, Cairo, EGYPT
- State Department – Consular Affairs 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Egypt Country Information https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/International-Travel-Country-Information-Pages/Egypt.html
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts. http://step.state.gov
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter. fb.me/usembassycairo twitter.com/usembassycairo