Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Cairo (June 5, 2020)
Event: MEDICAL ASSISTANCE AND COVID-19 INFORMATION
The U.S. Embassy in Cairo maintains a list of local hospitals, medical facilities, and physicians on the Embassy website at https://eg.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/local-resources-of-u-s-citizens/doctors/. The Embassy encourages all U.S. citizens seeking any medical assistance in Egypt to reference these lists.
[Please note, the Department of State assumes no responsibility or liability for the professional ability or reputation of, or the quality of services provided by, the entities or individuals whose names appears on these lists.]
In addition, the Embassy encourages U.S. citizens seeking COVID-19 medical information to reference the Government of Egypt’s Ministry of Health and Population’s social media accounts at facebook.com/egypt.mohp/ (Arabic only). The Government of Egypt has also provided a COVID-19 dedicated hotline at 105 15335 or 15469 for additional inquiries (Arabic proficiency recommended).
The Embassy continues to work with the Government of Egypt to identify options for U.S. citizens seeking to depart Egypt. No direct fights to the United States are available at this time, but sporadic flights are available to European and other destinations from which direct flights to the U.S are available. Please consult airlines and travel agencies directly for potential options. The Embassy will announce additional direct flight options for U.S. citizens as they become available.
The Embassy reminds U.S. citizens that you must have a valid U.S. passport in order to travel.
If you have additional questions about assistance with returning to the United States, please send an email to CairoRepat@state.gov.
The Embassy reminds U.S. citizens in Egypt to adhere to local quarantine and curfew measures to prevent the spread of the virus, and to continue to check with other commercial airlines for upcoming flights that might be departing the country.
Actions to Take:
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Egypt https://eg.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/covid-19-information
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information http://www.coronavirus.gov
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-updates/summary.html
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States https://www.dhs.gov/news/2020/03/17/fact-sheet-dhs-notice-arrival-restrictions-china-iran-and-certain-countries-europe
- U.S. Embassy Cairo (Cairo, Egypt)
5 Tawfik Diab St
Garden City, Cairo, EGYPT
- State Department – Consular Affairs 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Egypt Country Information https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/International-Travel-Country-Information-Pages/Egypt.html
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts. http://step.state.gov
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter. fb.me/usembassycairo twitter.com/usembassycairo