Event: VOTING INFORMATION FOR U.S. ELECTIONS
U.S. citizens have the right to vote when you are overseas!
All U.S. citizens can receive their blank ballots electronically. Depending on the state in which you are eligible to vote, you may get your ballot by email, fax, or internet download. To start, go to http://www.fvap.gov or visit our website at https://eg.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/voting/.
Please note: Ballot collection at U.S. Embassy Cairo is currently suspended due to COVID-19. We will notify U.S. citizens when we are again able to accept ballots at the Embassy.
Some states allow you to return your completed ballot electronically and others do not. If your state requires you to return paper voting forms or ballots to local election officials by mail, you can do so through international mail or professional courier service. You may want to consider returning your ballot via a private courier service or international mail if the deadline for return of your ballot is near.
For additional information please consult the FVAP.gov/COVID-19 page for updates and links to state-specific COVID-19 election impacts.
The U.S. Embassy in Cairo encourages U.S. citizens seeking COVID-19 medical information to reference the Government of Egypt’s Ministry of Health and Population’s social media accounts at https://www.facebook.com/egypt.mohp/ (Arabic only). The Government of Egypt has also provided a COVID-19 dedicated hotline at 105 15335 or 15469 for additional inquiries (Arabic proficiency recommended).
Multiple direct and indirect flight options to the United States now appear to be available from EgyptAir, Air France, Lufthansa, and others. Please check directly with the airlines or a travel agency for options.
If you have additional questions about assistance with returning to the United States, please send an email to CairoRepat@state.gov.
The Embassy reminds U.S. citizens in Egypt to adhere to local quarantine and curfew measures to prevent the spread of the virus.
Actions to Take:
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Egypt https://eg.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/covid-19-information
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information. http://www.coronavirus.gov
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-updates/summary.html
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States https://www.dhs.gov/news/2020/03/17/fact-sheet-dhs-notice-arrival-restrictions-china-iran-and-certain-countries-europe
- U.S. Embassy Cairo (Cairo, Egypt)
5 Tawfik Diab St
Garden City, Cairo, EGYPT
- State Department – Consular Affairs 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Egypt Country Information https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/International-Travel-Country-Information-Pages/Egypt.html
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts. http://step.state.gov
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter. fb.me/usembassycairo twitter.com/usembassycairo