Thank you for your interest in doing business in Egypt. The U.S. Embassy team and I are here to help you navigate this challenging, and rewarding, marketplace:
- Egypt’s 100 million population has a healthy appetite for U.S. products and services. It hosts the largest consumer market in North Africa and the Middle East. Economic growth rates are the highest in the region.
- The United States and Egypt have a thriving and deeply-rooted relationship. We have a robust trade dialogue and special programs to encourage trade and investment.
- There are opportunities across the board in key sectors, eg., Energy, Information Tech, Agriculture, Aviation, Construction, Education, Healthcare, Infrastructure, Transportation, Consumer Products, and Travel and Tourism.
- A large and entrepreneurial private sector is tapping into Internet-based services to expand in all areas.
- Over 1,200 U.S. firms are on the ground doing business.
- As 2019 chair of the African Union, Egypt is supporting greater integration and expanded trade and commerce across this large continent.
- Egypt is a regional export hub. It has favorable trade arrangements with the European Union and African and Middle Eastern neighbors. It is signing new trade deals with Asian countries.
- The Embassy also welcomes Egyptian interest in investing in the United States through the SelectUSA program.
Looking forward to hearing from you,