Thank you for your interest in doing business in Egypt. The U.S. Embassy team are here to help you navigate this challenging, and rewarding, marketplace:
- Egypt’s 100 million population has a healthy appetite for U.S. products and services. It hosts the largest consumer market in North Africa and the Middle East. Economic growth rates are the highest in the region.
- The United States and Egypt have a thriving and deeply-rooted relationship. We have a robust trade dialogue and special programs to encourage trade and investment.
- There are opportunities across the board in key sectors, eg., Energy, Information Tech, Agriculture, Aviation, Construction, Education, Healthcare, Infrastructure, Transportation, Consumer Products, and Travel and Tourism.
- A large and entrepreneurial private sector is tapping into Internet-based services to expand in all areas.
- Over 1,200 U.S. firms are on the ground doing business.
- As 2019 chair of the African Union, Egypt is supporting greater integration and expanded trade and commerce across this large continent.
- Egypt is a regional export hub. It has favorable trade arrangements with the European Union and African and Middle Eastern neighbors. It is signing new trade deals with Asian countries.
- The Embassy also welcomes Egyptian interest in investing in the United States through the SelectUSA program.
To learn more about successfully maneuvering in this dynamic business environment, the Foreign Agricultural Service, U.S. Commercial Service, USAID, and AmCham Egypt are at your service.