Location: Tahrir Square area, Cairo, Egypt
Event: Noting press and social media calls for demonstrations on Friday, September 27, U.S. citizen visitors and residents are reminded to avoid areas of demonstrations or police activity. Consult travel.state.gov for more information about safe international travel.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the areas of the demonstrations.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Monitor local media for updates
- Keep a low profile.
- U.S. Embassy Cairo, Egypt
+20-2-2797-3300 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Egypt Country Information
- Enroll in Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter