The American Center Cairo (ACC formerly IRC), located at the U.S. Embassy Cairo, is the U.S. Embassy’s primary outreach center offering daily programs and information to Egyptian audiences, It is also your Gateway to American Policy, Culture, Society and Values.
Check our Monthly Programs Calendar (PDF 551 KB)
Up to date online databases are available at the ACC through eLibraryUSA.
Over 14,000 books, audio books, movies and documentaries, English language learning resources, magazines, games and puzzles are available at the ACC.
ACC is open to all, age 18 and older.
Our services and programs are available at no charge.
Join our mailing list http://eepurl.com/buYTwH
*English language learning
- English Conversation club (ECC rules and Regulation PDF 150 KB)
- Gaming in English
- Soft skills Workshops
- Drawing and Art Workshops
- Photography Workshops
- Technology Club
- Maker and Advanced diploma
- Virtual and Augmented Reality diploma
- Movie showing and discussion
- Book club
- Debate club
- Lectures and Seminars
- Musical Events
- Study in USA
- Explore Scholarship Opportunities
- Learn the Application Process
Check our Monthly Programs Calendar (PDF 551 KB)
Understanding our calendar:
- Open to the public: This means that everyone is welcome to participate, on a first come, first served basis.
- Registration required:This mean you need to check out the flyer for the program which contains the registration link or email and deadline for participation. The flyers are distributed to our members and contact list.
- First Come, First Served: This means this program is open to anyone, but make sure to arrive early to save your spot for the program.
- ACC members only and Registration required: This program is for registered ACC members only.
- Participants Only: This means that only selected applicants can attend the program.
- Invitees Only: This means that the program is by invitation.
- Registration (by a partner):This means that our partner is in charge of registration. To participate in their event, registration is through their page: link will be provide to each program.
- 3D printing
- Computers with internet.
For more details (ACC Services PDF 128KB)
*To stay up to date with our Events Please follow these steps:
- Open the following link: http://eepurl.com/buYTwH
- Complete the required information
- Click “Subscribe to list”
- Log in to your email account
- Open the email message from “American Center’’ (ACC)
- Click “Yes, subscribe me to this list”
Books and Movies
- Search for Books and Movies in the ACC
- Become a member to check out items and attend our Members–only programs.
- Membership allows you to borrow from our collection, up to 5 items at one time.
- Books can be borrowed for up to three weeks, and renewed once for another two weeks.
- DVDs can be borrowed for a maximum of one week and can be renewed once for additional week.
- Audiobooks and Kindles can be borrowed for three weeks and can’t be renewed.
- Fines for the overdue items per day are 5 LE for each item.
- Lost or damaged items will be assessed at replacement cost.
Research the USA
U.S. foreign Policy
Economic and Trade
- Statistics about the U.S.
- Most current U.S. GDP and other key economic statistics
- U.S. federal minimum wage
- U.S. Trade Policy Agenda
- U.S. Government Consumer Protection Agency
Democracy & Human Rights
- Office to Monitor and Combat Trafficking in Persons
- Current Country Reports on Human Rights Practices from U.S. Department of State
Health and Environment
- U.S. Government web site on Environmental Protection
- Earth Day and where can I find information
- Annual report on National Drug Control Strategy
Media, Communication and Information Technology
U.S. Politics & Society
- How does a bill become a law in the U.S.?
- The U.S. Education system?
- Travel information in each state and city in the U.S.
- Holidays in the U.S.?
American Corner at Maadi Public Library
The American Corner, located at Maadi Public Library (MPL), provides programs and information about the U.S. society, values, and culture. Resources including books, films, and online databases provide audiences with reliable and accurate information about America.
Programs include career and skills development workshops, artistic workshops, English conversation café, storytelling and a puppet theatre for children, and games.
The American Corner was inaugurated in November 2009 and is located on the second floor of MPL’s main building. It is a partnership between the Egyptian Society of Culture and Development (formerly Integrated Care Society) and the US Embassy Egypt which promotes mutual understanding, intercultural exchange and friendship between the people of Egypt and the United States.
For more information, please contact Maadi Public Library:
Address: 2 Al Nasr Street, New Maadi , Maadi opposite to the Olympic village
Telephone: (202) 2754 8541, (202) 2754 8542, (202) 2754 8543