The American Center Cairo (ACC) is the U.S. Embassy’s primary cultural and educational center in Egypt. Located at the U.S. Embassy Cairo, the center offers programs and educational opportunities to Egyptian audiences. It engages Egyptians and Americans in discussions on U.S. policy, culture, and society.
- Services and programs are free of charge.
- Check out the membership benefits here.
We offer in-person and online programs. Whether you would like to brush up your English language skills or develop your technical skills, we have you covered. We also provide seminars on studying in the United States.
- Stay up to date with our programs by signing up for our mailing list.
- Drop by the ACC any time between 10 AM to 4 PM from Monday to Thursday. We are closed on American and Egyptian holidays.
- We welcome the public, age 16 and above, with a valid National I.D., passport, or a driver’s license.
The ACC provides access to current, in-depth information about the United States. Through our online databases and physical library collection, Egyptians gain access to a wealth of knowledge. Our collections include ebooks, books, audiobooks, movies, and documentaries. We also have free English learning resources, online articles, magazines, and games.
- Not a member yet? Sign up now for an ACC digital membership.
The ACC offers virtual and in-person programs. Brush up on your English language skills through our weekly English Conversation Club. Get to know more about American culture and society through movie discussions and book clubs. Develop your technical and business skills through workshops and seminars. Get accurate information on studying in the United States.
- For more details about ACC programs and announcements, please subscribe to our mailing list.
Understanding Our Calendar:
- We use Zoom for our virtual programming.
- “Open to the public” means that everyone is welcome to participate on a first come, first served basis.
- “Participants only” means that only invited participants can attend the program.
- “Registration required” means that you must apply through the registration link to attend the program.
Gain access to thousands of ebooks and audiobooks through our OverDrive Digital Library. Check out digital magazines and journals though eLibraryUSA. Access thousands of streaming documentaries and online courses through your digital membership.
Our virtual and in-person programs cover English language learning, informational programs about the United States, movie showings, and other cultural events. We also offer business and entrepreneurship workshops and seminars, and informational sessions on getting a U.S. education.
Join our mailing list to receive:
- Program announcements
- Monthly calendar
- Bimonthly newsletter
Books and Movies
- Search for Books and Movies in the ACC
- Become a member to check out items and attend our Members–only programs.
- Membership allows you to borrow from our collection, up to 5 items at one time.
- Books can be borrowed for up to three weeks, and renewed once for another two weeks.
- DVDs can be borrowed for a maximum of one week and can be renewed once for additional week.
- Audiobooks can be borrowed for three weeks and can’t be renewed.
- Fines for the overdue items per day are 5 LE for each item.
- Lost or damaged items will be assessed at replacement cost.
ACC OverDrive Digital Library (eBooks and Audiobooks)
Enjoy borrowing, reading and listening to ebooks and audio books anytime, anywhere on your phone, tablet or computer!
You can access the collection in one of two ways:
- Via the ACC’s OverDrive at https://accairo.overdrive.com/
- Via the Libby app available from Apple store or Google play
We also encourage you to watch this short tutorial to become more familiar with Libby.
*Sign in with your email address & ACC membership number to get started.
- Borrow up to three titles at a time
- Borrow titles for up to three weeks
- Place holds on up to two titles at a time
Not a member yet? Sign up for a digital ACC membership via https://forms.gle/ZMw1nMmTBcbo9bd47
For more details please check: ACC OverDrive digital library (552 KB PDF)
Research the USA
U.S. foreign Policy
Economic and Trade
- Statistics about the U.S.
- Most current U.S. GDP and other key economic statistics
- U.S. federal minimum wage
- U.S. Trade Policy Agenda
- U.S. Government Consumer Protection Agency
Democracy & Human Rights
Health and Environment
- U.S. Government web site on Environmental Protection
- Annual report on National Drug Control Strategy
Media, Communication and Information Technology
U.S. Politics & Society
- How does a bill become a law in the U.S.?
- The U.S. Education system?
- Travel information in each state and city in the U.S.
- Holidays in the U.S.?
American Corner at Amideast Alexandria
For more information, AMIDEAST Alexandria:
Address: 3 Pharana Street, Azarieta, Alexandria, Egypt
American Corner at Maadi Public Library
The American Corner, located at Maadi Public Library (MPL), provides programs and information about the U.S. society, values, and culture. Resources including books, films, and online databases provide audiences with reliable and accurate information about America. Programs include career and skills development workshops, artistic workshops, English conversation café, storytelling and a puppet theatre for children, and games.
The American Corner was inaugurated in November 2009 and is located on the second floor of MPL’s main building. It is a partnership between the Egyptian Society of Culture and Development (formerly Integrated Care Society) and the US Embassy Egypt which promotes mutual understanding, intercultural exchange and friendship between the people of Egypt and the United States.
For more information, please contact Maadi Public Library:
Address: 2 Al Nasr Street, New Maadi , Maadi opposite to the Olympic village
telephone: (202) 2754 8541, (202) 2754 8542, (202) 2754 8543