- The American Center Cairo (ACC) is open to anyone age 18 and older. You don’t need to be an ACC member to come to use the Center
- Entry to the Embassy, where the ACC is located, requires a Valid National Identification cards, Passport or Driver’s License.
- ACC membership card holders still need to present one of the above official identification cards.
- No cameras, cell phones, computers or other electronic equipment are allowed on the Embassy grounds. Cell phones can be left at the security gate. No other electronic items can be stored at the gate; please do not bring them with you.
- Membership is at no charge!
- Membership cards are issued to visitors upon completion of all of the following steps:
- Visitors must attend the ACC daily orientation session at noon
- Temporary cards will be distributed at the end of the ACC daily orientation
- Visitors must attend at least 3 different programs in order to apply for the ACC membership card
- Upon completion of the above steps, patrons should visit the ACC between 10:00am to 12:00pm from Sunday to Thursday to present the completed temporary card and fill out the membership application form
- Patrons should bring a copy of their National ID, Passport or Driver’s license (for Egyptians) or a resident permit that is valid for at least 6 months (for non-Egyptians) to apply for the membership card.
- Membership cards must be picked up in-person on the same day of filling out the membership application form.
- Membership is valid for 2 years.
- Residents of Greater Cairo can check out books, audio books, movies and kindles.
- Register for Members-only programs like English conversation club (ECC Rules and Regulations PDF 150 KB).
- Invitations to Special Events.
ACC Temporary Card Instructions:
- Visitor is responsible for carrying and presenting temporary card for validation.
- ACC temporary card will be stamped by ACC staff at the information desk after attending each program in full.
- Please note that you HAVE to bring your temporary card with you to be stamped after attending the program.
- ACC temporary card will expire after 3 months.
- ACC temporary card will be canceled in case of damage or loss.
- Visitor must attend 3 different programs in order to apply for the ACC membership card These include:
- English Language Learning and Cultural Programs (examples: Scrabble Club, Movie Showing, Musical Events, American Speakers, etc…)
- Education and Information about U.S. (examples: Alumni Speaker Program, EducationUSA, Study in the USA, etc…)
- Skills Development: Business, Technology (examples: Business Skills, Entrepreneurship, Technology (Maker Space Programs & VR Programs), etc…)
- Life Coaching (examples: Health, Sport, Fitness, etc…)