The U.S. Mission to Egypt regularly conducts academic, educational, citizen, arts, and professional exchange programs. Partners such as the Fulbright Commission, AMIDEAST, Institute of International Education and the American Research Center in Egypt also offer exchanges.
Current Exchange Opportunities (U.S. Government-funded)
Kennedy Lugar-Youth Exchange and Study (KL-YES) Program
- Target audience: High school students (aged 15 to 17 years old); must be enrolled in grade 9, 10, or 11 in the school year 2023/2024 and must be born between 15/1/2007 and 15/8/2009
- Program Eligibility & FAQ
- For inquiries
- Application deadline: June 20, 2023
Global Sports Mentoring Program: Empowering Women and Girls through Sports (GSMP Empower)
- Target audience: Women from the following fields: sports management; coaching; sports journalism and mass communication; sports marketing; sports innovation; disability sports; social philanthropy; and/or sports medicine; between the age of 25 and 40 at the time of the program.
- Email for inquiries
- Application deadline: June 6, 2023