Event: Government Restrictions on Monday, April 20
Due to the need to minimize the spread of COVID-19, in addition to the current restrictions the following enhanced government restrictions will also be in place on Monday, April 20:
- Full closure of shops, malls, beaches, public parks, and gardens in addition to suspension of all public transportation on Monday, April 20.
- The entire corniche walkway will be closed to pedestrians on Monday, April 20. Traffic flow is not expected to change.
- Police in beach areas are given the full authority to ensure the public is respecting beach closures.
Actions to Take:
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Egypt.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- U.S. Embassy Cairo (Cairo, Egypt)
5 Tawfik Diab St
Garden City, Cairo, EGYPT
- State Department – Consular Affairs 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Egypt Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.