Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Cairo (April 17, 2020)
Event: FLIGHTS FROM CAIRO TO LONDON HEATHROW ON APRIL 22, 2020
The U.S. Embassy is aware of a flight from Cairo to London Heathrow on Air Cairo departing on April 22, 2020 at 1015. The flight is available for booking at this time.
The April 22 Air Cairo flight (SM 2105) departs Cairo at 10:15 a.m. and arrives at London (Heathrow) at 2:15 p.m. U.S.-bound travelers are responsible for arranging their onward travel separately. There are currently onward flights from London (Heathrow) scheduled that day to various U.S. destinations including Washington, D.C. (Dulles), and New York (JFK). There are additional flights scheduled on Friday, April 23th.
Please note that under current UK guidance U.S. citizens and Legal Permanent Residents (LPRs) can transit without a UK visa so long as:
- They arrive and depart by air;
- Have a confirmed onward flight that leaves on the day you arrive or before midnight on the day after you arrive; and
- Have the correct documents for your destination (i.e. visa for that country).
U.S. citizens may wish to consult the U.S. Embassy in London website for further information about transiting the UK (https://uk.usembassy.gov/covid-19-coronavirus-information)
The Embassy continues to work with the Egyptian government and foreign Embassy partners to identify or arrange options for U.S. citizens who wish to depart Egypt.
The U.S. Embassy in Cairo continues to collect information from U.S. citizens in order to estimate ongoing demand for flights departing Egypt. If you have already sent us your information, please do not do so again. If you have not done so already, you can still enter your information via this online form(https://tinyurl.com/cairorepat2020). We will not share your information with any third party without your consent.
If you have been able to successfully book a flight departing Egypt, or if you no longer wish to depart Egypt at this time, please notify us by emailing CairoRepat@state.gov.
If you have any other questions about assistance with returning to the U.S., please send an email to CairoRepat@state.gov.
The U.S. Embassy in Cairo reminds U.S. citizens in Egypt to adhere to local quarantine and curfew measures to prevent the spread of the virus and to continue to check with other commercial airlines for upcoming flights that might be departing the country.
Actions to Take:
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Egypt.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- U.S. Embassy Cairo (Cairo, Egypt)
5 Tawfik Diab St
Garden City, Cairo, EGYPT
- State Department – Consular Affairs 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Egypt Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.