Location: Cairo, Egypt
Event: The Cairo Water Authority has announced that it has suspended water service to all of Cairo. This is due to the city sewage system being overwhelmed by the heavy rains. Water service will be gradually restored once the weather improves. There is currently no timetable for the restoration of service.
Actions to Take:
- Stay current with media coverage of local events.
- U.S. Embassy Cairo, Egypt
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Egypt Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter