In addition to the information below, please also see the Embassy’s Covid-19 page for further information:
Event: Several countries in the region have implemented restrictions on travelers arriving from Egypt due to the ongoing outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19), including Israel, Kuwait, Oman, and Saudi Arabia. Please consult the U.S. Department of State’s COVID-19 Country Specific Information Pages for updates on entry/exit restrictions. Travelers should be prepared for travel restrictions to be put into effect with little or no advance notice.
The Government of Egypt has reportedly made testing available at various locations throughout Egypt. Please consult the Egyptian Ministry of Health for more information.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Egypt.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- U.S. Embassy Cairo, Egypt
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Egypt Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter