Effective March 24, U.S. Embassy Cairo has suspended routine consular services. For emergency American Citizens Services, including emergency passports, please visit our website for additional information.
In addition to the alert below, please see the Embassy’s Covid-19 page for Egypt specific information: U.S. Embassy in Egypt COVID-19 Information
Event: Effective March 24, U.S. Embassy Cairo has suspended routine consular services. For emergency American Citizens Services, including emergency passports, please visit our website for additional information.
Many travelers worldwide have reported unexpected flight cancellations and limited flight availability. There continue to be some commercial flights departing Egypt during the Egyptian government’s suspension of air travel March 19-31. If your travel has been disrupted, please contact your airline or a travel agency. If the Embassy becomes aware of available flights, we will share that information as widely as possible.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Egypt.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- U.S. Embassy Cairo (Cairo, Egypt)
5 Tawfik Diab St
Garden City, Cairo, EGYPT
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444