November 30, 2021ConsularCairoACS@state.gov, and we can make the update for you. If you are visiting or living in Egypt, and have not yet enrolled in STEP, we strongly encourage you to do so! STEP is a free service to allow U.S. citizens and nationals traveling and living abroad to enroll their trip with the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate. Benefits of Enrolling in STEP:Enroll In or Update Your Information in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) The U.S. Embassy in Cairo is conducting an annual verification of STEP enrollments. Please log in to your STEP account to verify that your profile, phone numbers, email address, travel dates, and location in Egypt are up to date. If you are not able to make those changes yourself, you can reach out to us at
- Receive important information from the Embassy about safety conditions in your destination country, helping you make informed decisions about your travel plans.
- Help the U.S. Embassy contact you in an emergency, whether natural disaster, civil unrest, or family emergency.
- Help family and friends get in touch with you in an emergency.
To register in STEP or to update your information, please visit https://step.state.gov. Stay Informed, Stay Connected, Stay Safe!
- U.S. Embassy Cairo (Cairo, Egypt)ConsularCairoACS@state.govhttps://eg.usembassy.gov 5 Tawfik Diab St Garden City, Cairo, EGYPT +20-2797-3300
- State Department – Consular Affairs 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Egypt Country Information, https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/International-Travel-Country-Information-Pages/Egypt.html
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts. http://step.state.gov
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter. fb.me/usembassycairo, twitter.com/usembassycairo