Location: Egypt, countrywide
Event: We are pleased to announce that Social Security representatives from the Federal Benefits Unit in Naples, Italy will be available at the U.S. Embassy in Cairo on Tuesday, September 13 and Wednesday, September 14, 2022. They can assist you with most Social Security issues, including:
- Applying for Social Security numbers
- Retrieving lost or missing Social Security numbers
- Accepting documents to process your claims for benefits
- Answering your individual questions about Social Security benefits
Services will be provided by appointment only. The Social Security representatives will be at the U.S. Embassy in Cairo, Egypt on the following dates and times:
- Tuesday, September 13th from 09:00 – 15:00
- Wednesday, September 14th from 09:00 to 15:00
- Full name and date of birth
- U.S. Passport Number
- Mailing address and telephone number
- A detailed explanation of your Social Security questions
You must send an email by Tuesday, September 6, 2022, in order to request an appointment. We will confirm your appointment date and time by email and will include specific instructions and forms you must bring to the appointment when needed.
Please share this letter with anyone who may want to meet with representatives of the Social Security Administration.
We are looking forward to providing Social Security services in Cairo.
- U.S. Embassy Cairo (Cairo, Egypt)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Egypt Country Information, https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/International-Travel-Country-Information-Pages/Egypt.html
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts. http://step.state.gov