Citizenship Services

Renounce Citizenship

A person wishing to renounce his or her U.S. citizenship must voluntarily and with intent to relinquish U.S. citizenship:

  1. appear in person before a U.S. consular or diplomatic officer,
  2. in a foreign country  at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate; and
  3. sign an oath of renunciation

For more information please visit:

To contact the U.S. Embassy regarding citizenship services, please use the U.S. Citizen Services Navigator.