Emergency Financial Assistance

Consular officers can help destitute U.S. citizens contact their family, bank, or employer to arrange for transfer of funds. To contact the U.S. Embassy regarding Emergency Financial Assistance, please use the U.S. Citizen Services Navigator.

American Citizen Services can help destitute Americans contact family and friends to arrange for the transfer of funds. In certain circumstances, these funds can be wired through the Department of State. For information on how a consular officer can help under these circumstances, please visit the State Department website.

International Money Transfers

Fund transfers from the U.S. are straightforward. Most people can independently arrange family or friends to get them money through commercial channels: