If you are selected, please review the next steps below:
- Receive notice of your visa interview appointment. The Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) will inform DV selectees of their scheduled interview via email with instructions on what to do next. Please click here for additional information on the notification and scheduling process.
- Prepare. DV selectees must bring all required documents to their interview, so please be prepared.
- Review local instructions. Please review all local instructions for the interview on our website. Please note that some of the information included in these instructions may apply to immigrant visa classifications other than diversity visas. If you have questions about the country-specific information included here, please contact the embassy, consulate, or office providing consular services where you will apply for your visa.
- Schedule a medical examination. Schedule a medical examination with the U.S. Embassy, Consulate, or office providing consular services approved physician at least 15 days before your visa interview. Please locate the list of approved physicians on our website.
- Attend interview with all required documents.